Monday, April 4, 2011

Here we go.

Here we go.

So I've decided to become more politically active. I've noticed in the media that there tends to be a conservative leaning in the way things get reported, even down to the myth of the liberal media. I have co-worker who insists that CNN is an extreme left organization, even when Lou Dobbs was spouting birther nonsense daily from a CNN pulpit. MSNBC? Yes, liberal bias. CNN? From what I've seen slightly right of center, although there's certainly room for interpretation. That, when combined with the lies of the Republican propaganda machine, is what gave me the impetus necessary to begin this little journey into truth.

Let me start by saying that everyone has the right to an opinion. Opinions are never, in and of themselves, wrong. However, opinions based on lies and misinformation are a problem to me. Also, opinions on factual things aren't opinions, they're just an outward and visible expression of whether or not the opinion holder is wrong.

If you wish to comment, feel free to do so. I'm looking for civil political debate, so if you're trying to correct me on some facts please cite source material. Rehashing Fox talking points to prove me wrong is a waste of time and will be deleted, as will insults leveled at me or any commenter who says anything in a civil fashion, regardless of the position they take.

By the way, for those who are interested, here's a little background. I'm in my late 30s, from Tulsa, Oklahoma, have four years of college behind me and am working to finally finish my degree. My major was music years ago and I've worked as a guitarist now for over a decade. My employer is the US Army, and I'm on my third deployment to Iraq, as of this writing. Being in the Army does constrain me somewhat in a legal sense, as there can be repercussions if I am openly disrespectful toward my leadership, whether that's my own commander or GEN whoever or the President. Fortunately I mostly agree with this President. My kids are what I'm most proud of in the world, I love my job even when I hate hate hate being in Iraq, and I used to be a solid Republican. That should cover the pertinent points.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment